Diesel Dog
My youngest daughter and her husband are getting ready to deploy to Germany is a week or so. While they were getting their household goods packed up and their house cleaned up, my husband and I offered to keep their dog for a few weeks.
His name is Diesel and he is the sweetest dog you'll ever know. He has no idea that he's a gentle giant at 90 pounds. He thinks he's a little lap dog.
He makes himself at home on the couch or the bed or anywhere he feels like.
We've known him since he was the little, tiniest puppy.
It took about two weeks for our cat, Hayden, to warm up to him.
He's been friends with our other cat, Sophie, for years. When Diesel first got here Sophie went right up to him and started rubbing all over him. They obviously remembered each other.
Diesel also has his own Instagram account. You can search for one.ear.up.pup to follow his shenanigans.
Our little dog, Maisy, has bonded with Diesel. They are best buddies. Their favorite time of the day is feeding time for the horses. They love running out to the barn and chasing rabbits together. Maisy does her best to keep up Diesel and it's quite adorable to see her bounding along behind him.
Here they are showing their Broncos pride. Diesel wasn't too happy though because he's really a Green Bay Packers fan.
I can't tell you how much I'm going to miss this guy. He and his parents are leaving soon to drive across country to Baltimore to board their flight. I know he'll be scared during the flight, but he'll have a great life in Germany. They will be lots of walking and going to beer fests and his mom said I could come visit him for 90 days at a time.
Just for fun I thought I'd throw in a picture of my next door neighbors. We took the dogs for a walk in the pasture the other day and the donkeys came over to say hello. The shepherd in Diesel wanted to herd the donkeys which didn't go over well with the donkeys so they said hello from a distance.
What special dogs do you have in your life?






Comments