A stroll through the park

I haven't gotten much hiking in this summer.  Between all the traveling we did and going back to work I haven't gotten out on the trails as much as is needed.


We had snow on Wednesday last week followed by a beautiful day so Irv, Maisy and I loaded up and headed over to my go-to hiking place, The Garden of the Gods.  Maisy gets really nervous whenever we take her anywhere in the car.  This time she made it all the way to our destination without getting car sick.  Once we arrived she peed, pooped, and threw up all in about a two minute time frame, but then she was ready to go (she has to carry her own poop when she goes hiking).


We saw several beautiful blue jays.


While taking the shot of the blue jay I caught a glimpse of a deer crossing the trail right in front of us.


This little guys was within an arm's reach.


He was completely desensitized to humans which is not a good thing especially if they start allowing urban hunting to control the deer herds.


On the other side of the trail was mama and the other twin.  Luckily, she didn't get upset at us for being between her and her baby.



The trail was a little slushy and muddy which Miss Prissy didn't care for, but see seemed to have a good time.


When on the trail Maisy needs to have a leader so Irv walks ahead to keep her going in the right direction.  If he gets too far ahead, though, she can't see him.  I'm pretty sure she needs glasses.


Of course I had to stop and take all the usual pictures I take at the Garden of the Gods.




A glimpse of the Peak with a fresh coat of snow.


Miss Prissy was glad to make it back to the concrete sidewalks.



Afterwards we went to the Dog Pub for lunch.


It's a cool place with a dog park, decent food, and cold beer.

Now how long do I have to wait for the next beautiful day?
.0

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Wow, nice hike, dog, deer, beer, great photos. Counts as a great time to me.
polcat24 said…
The lunch was really good, I had the "Cuban".
Linda said…
You have a dog pub? How cool! I came here from Alan's blog. I'm in Virginia.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!