A night with 84,000 of my best friends!

Last Saturday was the big day!  Garth's Stadium Tour came to Mile High in Denver.


The girls and I loaded up and met my fourth daughter at one of our favorite restaurants in LoDo.


Since nobody was going to be driving for several hours we enjoyed some of their signature margaritas.  At this restaurant they will not serve anyone more than three of their margaritas.  After two each and a delicious dinner we caught a Lyft to the Stadium.


We arrived a few minutes late, but as you can see by the photo above we weren't the only ones.  There was quite a delay while waiting for everyone to get through security and to their seats.


Nothing better than popcorn in a Denver Broncos orange box.


After awhile there was a surprise guest--Joe Nichols!  Joe and I have a strange relationship.  He seems to always show up in unexpected places when I'm there.  I've had unexpected sightings of him in Wichita, Las Vegas, Colorado Springs, and now with Garth.  I've always loved Joe and have never understood why he's not an A-list performer.  He's had several big hits, but lots of people don't know who he is.  I was thrilled to see Garth give him this opportunity.


Around 8:30 the man himself made his appearance.  The stadium was on fire! 84 thousand of his biggest fans were in that stadium.  The crowd erupted every time Garth made a move, strummed his guitar, or opened his mouth to sing.  We were on the second ring and when everyone was stomping their feet and clapping their hands the entire stadium was swaying back and forth.  It was a little daunting, but I figured if anything happened, it would all be over quickly.


Then came the moment of the night.  Garth sang "We Shall be Free" and the top ring lit up in rainbow colors to honor Gay Pride month.  This man is amazing and it touched my heart to witness this.  You see, not all country fans are a bunch of rednecks who can't tolerate people different than themselves.



Garth played on and on and on for about 2 1/2 hours.  Near the end of the evening he came out and said he always has to choose his words carefully because they'll end up on social media and everywhere else.  He said that night was the best night of his entire career and you know what, I believed him.  The crowd was amazing, Garth and his people were amazing, the weather held out, and it was a great night with people I love.

Above is a snippet of my favorite Garth song--The Dance.  This was my third time seeing Garth in concert and I'd gladly do it again anytime!

Please leave me a comment and tell me what your favorite Garth song is.

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Garth just has this presence that is amazing. When he was "retired" he lived north of Tulsa and I knew several people that happened upon him at the grocery store or wherever and he was very nice, cordial, and talkative and never acted put upon.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!