Yellowstone's Trout Lake

During our trip to Yellowstone's Lamar Valley last week my brother and I stopped for a hike to Trout Lake.  This is one of my favorite hikes in the Park.


It's a short mile or so hike rated easy, but it's a steep 200 foot elevation gain to get there.


I love the moss growing on the downed trees.


One side of the lake had a bunch of gunk on it--I'm not sure what the official term is.  The sky was hazy from all the western forest fires, but it's still an amazing view.


A small creek feeds into the lake.

This is why I love this lake--the beautiful mountain reflection in the smooth water.


It's stunning!


I'm appreciative of the trail crew that built this foot bridge.

It's hidden treasures like this that most visitors miss.  To me, places like this are the heart and soul of Yellowstone.  No trip to Lamar Valley is complete without a stop at Trout Lake.


Comments

I love Yellowstone. I went there often camping with my parents when I was a kid. He loved meadow fishing. - Margy
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
It was a great hike, except the 200 feet felt more like 2000 feet. I loved seeing the float fishermen there and I am still wondering how in the world they got all that gear up there.

Thanks for sharing the lake with me.
Lady Fi said…
What a great hike - and such a beautiful area.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!