Bleu Horses
Last week Irv and I went on an adventure to Glacier National Park. Our first stop was the Lewis and Clark Center in Great Falls, Montana. Not long after exiting I-90 on highway 287 towards Great Falls we saw a large herd of horses on a hilltop.
This is not an uncommon sight in Montana, but something wasn't quite right.
Irv flipped a U-turn and we went back for a closer look.
These weren't real horses at all. This was art and someone put a whole lot of effort into it.
With my telephoto lens I was able to get a closer look.
Absolutely amazing! Horses of every shape and size in different positions.
Of course my curiosity was peaked and I wanted to know who had created this beautiful scene. Thanks to Google it only took a minute to locate the information about these horses.
The sculptor's name is Jim Dolan and the name of the exhibit is Bleu Horses. Some of the pieces are as high as 8 feet at the shoulder.
They are painted with blue and white stripes to add a sense of depth to their frames. The manes are made of rope so they can blow in the wind realistically.
This magnificent roadside display is located 4 miles north of Three Forks, Montana on highway 287. If you're every up that way stop and enjoy it for a few minutes.
Thank you Mr. Dolan!
Comments