The wildflowers of Yellowstone
One of my goals in Yellowstone this summer is to learn about the wildflowers. While Irv and I were out hiking I photographed the wildflowers we encountered. Today I spend a couple hours trying to identify them with a book I purchased at the bookstore and the internet.
I sure would like a wildflower expert to tell me what I got wrong and to help identify the unknown.
The wildflowers of Yellowstone are amazing! I just wish I knew what they all are named.
I sure would like a wildflower expert to tell me what I got wrong and to help identify the unknown.
| Alpine Forget-me-not |
| Alpine Sheep Sorrel |
| American Bistort |
| Is this also an American Bistort? |
| Bigleaf Lupine |
| Bracted Lousewort or Wood Bethony |
| Glacier Lily |
| Green Gentian |
| Little Larkspur(??) and Biscuit Root |
| Manyflowered Phlox |
| Mountain Bluebell |
| Mountain Bluebell #2 |
| Mountain BlueBell #3 |
| Northern Sweetvetch |
| Prairie Groundsel |
| Slender Cinquefoil |
| Subalpine Buttercup |
| Thickleaved Groundsel and ??? |
| Wild Blue Flax or Lewis Flax |
| Wild Buckwheat |
| Woodland Strawberry |
| Common Dandelion |
| What is this? It looks like rhubarb. |
| Is this another Glacier Lily? |
| Larkspur?? |
| These grow around the geysers in Yellowstone, but I don't know what they are. |
| Meadow Thistle |
The wildflowers of Yellowstone are amazing! I just wish I knew what they all are named.
Comments