Skywatch Friday: Grand Prismatic Spring

Today I visited one of my favorite places in Yellowstone--Grand Prismatic Spring in the Midway Geyser Basin.


Grand Prismatic is the largest hot springs in the U.S. and the third largest in the world.


I love how the beautiful turquoise water reflects into the steam. 


After observing Grand Prismatic from the boardwalk I drove a couple miles down the road to the Fairy Falls Trail parking lot.  From there I made the 1.2 mile hike to the Grand Prismatic Overlook.



This is a new trail that opened at the end of July last year.  I never had a chance to hike the trail last year so I was thrilled to find a parking spot and make my way up there this year.

It is definitely a beautiful and unique view.

Happy Skywatch Friday!

Comments

I love the photos from the overlook. If it weren't for the pine trees, this would look like another planet!!
Anonymous said…
Beautiful! As a matter of fact, tomorrow we are heading for a 12 days road trip to the national parks and Yellowstone is our first stop. I have never been so I am really excited!
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Beautiful sight, well photographed!!
Our gandson is at Yellowstone right now with some friends. I love this sight. I haven't seen it up close and personal yet. On my "bucket list."

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!