Yellowstone Adventure: Jackson Hole

This week I needed to go buy a few groceries, the most important of which was cat treats.  Sophie likes her "biscuits" and I'd be in big trouble if I ran out.  I decided to head to the closest "border" city, Jackson, Wyoming.

No trip to Jackson is complete without a stop at Mormon Row.






My next stop was the National Wildlife Museum.  I'm in the process of painting a buffalo and I am having trouble with the face.  I knew this museum has my all time favorite painting of a buffalo so I decided to stop and take a look.  Little did I know that Park employees get in free!  I'll be stopping there every time I pass by.



This painting is by Robert Bateman and I love it!  I got as close to it as possible to see how he makes it look so lifelike, especially with acrylic paints.  He is a genius!


While there I stopped to enjoy some of my other favorites.  


This bear is by Tucker Smith.


Of course I had to stop and admire this Bierstadt.

By the time I finished at the museum it was lunchtime. I was really boring and ended up having a sandwich at Subway.  I quickly did my shopping at Kmart and Albertsons then headed down to the town square.

I made a quick turn around the square, stopped in a couple stores (didn't buy a thing), then I went over to the Episcopal Church's thrift store and bought a few books since I've read all the books I brought with me.  Yes, I know I can download them to my iPad, but I'm one of those people who really enjoys holding a book in my hands.

On my way back to the park I decided to go a different way--I went through the Moose-Wilson entrance into Teton National Park.  I stopped to take a few shots of my beloved Tetons.  I also noticed a bike path that goes all the way from Jackson to the Tetons.  It looked fairly level so I think it would be fun to give that a try one of these days.


So, today is Friday and Friday is my Monday so I start another five days of work today.  Last night around 11:00 I heard a knock on the door and it was my boss who lives in an RV across the street from me.  Apparently someone else has quit and she needs me to come in early today.   I'm working long hours and it's exhausting, but that's the price I have to pay to live in Yellowstone for an entire summer.

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
What a day that ended up with a bummer. Don't answer the door next time!!! I love Mormon Row an your photo is great.

Did you get Sophie her treats????

Hang in there Ellen.
I think the Tetons are the most beautiful mountains I've ever seen. Great photos!!

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!