Skywatch Friday: Natural Bridge

Natural Bridge Trail is near the Bridge Bay Marina and is an easy 3 mile in and out trail.  I did it with a friend early one morning before work.  The majority of the trail follows an old road that was closed in the early 1990s to preserve this area.


Once you reach the base of the rocks there is a trail that continues upward and behind the bridge. I'm not going to lie, it was a little steep in places and kinda scary.


There are steps back there to help traverse through the area without causing an damage.


The best view was definitely from behind looking through the arch.  Don't you love how that tree is growing on top of the arch?

This is definitely a must do in Yellowstone--brings lots of mosquito repellent!

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Wow, what a sight. I didn't know that there was a natural bridge in Yellowstone.
polcat24 said…
Darn, disappointed I didn't get to see that the time I went there

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!