I'm still here
I haven't posted anything in a while. My life is crazy busy and quite frankly, I've lost interest in social media including my blog. Don't get me wrong, about 98% of the time I love Facebook because it keeps me up-to-date with friends who actually want to share good things about their life. I also like documenting my life through my blog. Sometimes people just creep me out with their comments on Facebook or my blog, or saving pictures that I post. I guess when you put yourself out there you can't expect privacy.
I've been thinking of creating an "alternate" Facebook profile. Alternate facts are all in vogue right now so I think I'll revert to being Barbara Ann Bates. That's an alternate name I created for myself when I was five years old in Price, Utah. It has been a family joke ever since.
So, what have I been up to?
Last week I got a promotion--from Assistant Vice President to Vice President and now I work directly for the CEO. It's a great honor, but very ironic considering the news I delivered to my new boss just a couple days prior. At some point I will share some exciting information on my blog about some major changes coming to my life in less than three months. It's all going to be great stuff and the experience of a lifetime. It may even require a new blog so I'm trying to think of a name for the blog--maybe Ellen's Experience of a Lifetime or Ellen's Excellent Adventure with the Power Rangers.
Last weekend we made another trip to Idaho. My dad needed help with some stuff so Irv and Ellen came to the rescue.
We took him to church on Sunday morning. I especially love my dad's church and the people there. It's such a welcoming community and some of them have gotten to know us since we have spent so much time in Idaho over the last several months.
We did taxes and ran a bunch of errands including a shopping trip to Wally World.
No time for a walk around the River this visit, but I at least got to do a drive by.
I always feel bad when I have to leave my dad especially knowing I won't be back for three months. I have a lot of faith in the place he's living so I know they will watch out for him and call me if anything comes up.
That's it for now. What have you been up to?
I've been thinking of creating an "alternate" Facebook profile. Alternate facts are all in vogue right now so I think I'll revert to being Barbara Ann Bates. That's an alternate name I created for myself when I was five years old in Price, Utah. It has been a family joke ever since.
So, what have I been up to?
Last week I got a promotion--from Assistant Vice President to Vice President and now I work directly for the CEO. It's a great honor, but very ironic considering the news I delivered to my new boss just a couple days prior. At some point I will share some exciting information on my blog about some major changes coming to my life in less than three months. It's all going to be great stuff and the experience of a lifetime. It may even require a new blog so I'm trying to think of a name for the blog--maybe Ellen's Experience of a Lifetime or Ellen's Excellent Adventure with the Power Rangers.
Last weekend we made another trip to Idaho. My dad needed help with some stuff so Irv and Ellen came to the rescue.
We took him to church on Sunday morning. I especially love my dad's church and the people there. It's such a welcoming community and some of them have gotten to know us since we have spent so much time in Idaho over the last several months.
We did taxes and ran a bunch of errands including a shopping trip to Wally World.
No time for a walk around the River this visit, but I at least got to do a drive by.
I always feel bad when I have to leave my dad especially knowing I won't be back for three months. I have a lot of faith in the place he's living so I know they will watch out for him and call me if anything comes up.
That's it for now. What have you been up to?
Comments
You and Irv have been lifesavers for Dad.
I also love Dad's church. It is almost like I know more people at his church than I do our church.
Take care