Learning to say NO

So today we're going to have a traditional blog post where I get to talk about me--probably sharing too much, but oh well.

Immunity

Well, the time has come.  Yesterday I had a follow-up appointment with my doctor to go over my blood test results and right now I have basically no immune system.  There could be quite a few reasons for this--a nagging virus, an infection, too much stress, or some other things that we aren't going to talk about yet.

Now I know why I've been feeling so worn out all the time especially after that Warrior Dash.

So we're going to recheck it in two months and see if things improve which I'm sure they will.  In the meantime I need to avoid sick people and foods that might contain bacteria that would make me sick.  She also made me get a flu shot even though I protested.  She said my body would probably not be able fight the flu very well and it could have bad results.

Rest and Relaxation

I also need to learn to rest and relax. 

Hmmm...easier said than done.  I've committed to working for Hillary on Tuesday and Thursday nights through the election in addition to my full-time job.  I can't give that up until she is elected, the stakes are too high.  Then there's the camping trip, the Rockabilly Expo that Glam Glass is exhibiting at, one more trip to Idaho in a couple weeks, IT Symposium, 4-H commitments, and the holidays that are coming up.  I think I might be able to slow down on January 12, 2020.

Stress Reduction

And I'm supposed to remove stress.  Ha!

My job is stressful.  Period.  There's not much I can do about that.

People that cause me stress.  That's a blog for another day.

The Plan

So there's my plan. No sickies, learn to say no, and avoid toxic people.

The saying no part is going to be difficult. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!