Day One - Jackson Lake

I'm back at my happy place...the Tetons in Wyoming.  My dad gave us his timeshare in Jackson Hole and this is our week.  I've been coming to Jackson Hole for as long as I can remember.  My uncle used to have a pharmacy here right on the Town Square.  I love it!

Our first day included a trip to Jackson Lake.  We were hoping to see the Super Scooper dipping into the lake to fill up the tanker.  There is a huge forest fire in the Tetons right now.


Irv and I know the best way to see things in these national parks is to park the car, put on the hiking shoes, and hit the trails.  Most people don't venture too far from there cars as they drive from spot to spot in the park.  These signs are at all the trailheads.  We did have bear spray with us--back in the car.


We took the Lakeshore Trail which went out onto an island and onto the "beach".


The air was really smoky which made for not so good pictures.  There were lots of boats on the water which made us realize the super scooper probably wasn't dipping out of the lake today.


Here's Irv contemplating a dip into the chilly waters of Lake Jackson (not really).


The aspens are starting to turn colors already.


To me there isn't anything more beautiful than a trail in the woods.  No better way to recharge my batteries after a very stressful summer.


We found a spot to stop and enjoy some sausage, cheese, and crackers.  Where's the wine?


After getting back to the car we passed the fire camp.  I have a special place in my heart for these firefighters who spend so much time away from their families during the summer.



So many amazing shots to take.


I like to stop and smell the roses along the way.  Irv likes to stop and check his fantasy football draft along the way. 


One last stop at Lake Jenny.  This is one of my favorite spots in the park.

"The mountains are calling and I must go." ~John Muir

Where is your happy place?

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Beautiful shots. Do your brother a favor and carry your bear spray, okay.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!