On the go this week
We just got back from a long weekend in Phoenix where we had an early Christmas with the baby girl and her parents.
We got to go to the Phoenix Zoo to enjoy the zoo lights!
The Arizona Highway Patrol was having a little fun with their highway signs. I know this one is hard to read, but it says "Trust the Force but Always Buckle Up".
When we were almost home I came close to having a face full of antlers coming in through the window. Fortunately, Irv saw them coming and was able to swerve to miss them. This little guy was left behind by his parents, but we turned around and came back to guard the road until he figured out where they had gone. I think it's those same white tail deer that I posted the picture of a couple weeks ago.
So we came home for a day to switch out suitcases, grab the cookies and fudge, and celebrate Christmas with Mr. Beans and his mom. Irv and Mr. Beans also went to see Star Wars. I'm waiting to see it with Jillian in Idaho.
A lot of traveling this week, but it's great to spend time with my dad and brother.
There isn't anything quite as adorable as a baby's excitement. She loves Elmo...
but she probably loves the boxes, wrapping paper, and ribbons even more!
We got to go to the Phoenix Zoo to enjoy the zoo lights!
We had been a few years ago, but it has gotten even bigger and better! Isn't it nice that they added a CSU Ram?
The hummingbirds were my favorite.
Spending with this daughter is always special...luckily we've seen her lots the last couple months and we have one more trip planned together in January. You may notice the coats...yes, it was a little chilly in the Valley, but it was still warmer than CO.
The Arizona Highway Patrol was having a little fun with their highway signs. I know this one is hard to read, but it says "Trust the Force but Always Buckle Up".
I love Southwest Airlines. Not only were the flight attendants dressed like elves, they lit up the inside of the plane with red and green lights. They are the only airline that allows their flight crew to have a little fun. That's just one reason why I love them so much and have three flights planned on Southwest in the next month.
This is what we came home to. Luckily it was a rain/snow mix. I'm glad we got home when we did because it was bound to get worse as the temps dropped.
When we were almost home I came close to having a face full of antlers coming in through the window. Fortunately, Irv saw them coming and was able to swerve to miss them. This little guy was left behind by his parents, but we turned around and came back to guard the road until he figured out where they had gone. I think it's those same white tail deer that I posted the picture of a couple weeks ago.
So we came home for a day to switch out suitcases, grab the cookies and fudge, and celebrate Christmas with Mr. Beans and his mom. Irv and Mr. Beans also went to see Star Wars. I'm waiting to see it with Jillian in Idaho.
A lot of traveling this week, but it's great to spend time with my dad and brother.
Comments
I love Southwest also but with the dropping of the Wright Amendment they have cut their flights in and out of Tulsa dramatically especially to Dallas. Now we have to use American. I hate American and United.