Springs is here...or maybe not

Saturday was a perfect spring day in Colorado!  I got to spend it in Denver with Mary and Mr. Beans.  We enjoyed some shopping and lunch on the 16th Street Mall before seeing Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat at the Performing Arts Center.

 
The first time I show this show was in Chicago with Donny Osmond as Joseph.  It was an amazing production.  This performance was also good and it starred a couple American Idols.  Not quite Donny Osmond, but still good.
 
 
Mr. Beans enjoys the theatre although he's 14 and it would be inappropriate for him to look like he enjoys hanging out with this mom and Grammy.  He's much too cool for that.  I enjoyed spending the day with him, it doesn't happen very often anymore.
 
Today I had planned to enjoy another perfect spring day in Colorado with a hike in the mountains or a visit to our zoo.  I guess I should have checked the weather forecast before making these plans because winter returned for a day.  No, we didn't get any snow, but it was cold, windy, and rainy all day.

So I went to plan B.  Clean out the kitchen cupboards and rearrange a few items.  I'd been thinking about doing this for awhile so today was the perfect opportunity.  Plus, I did it all while Irv was sleeping so it will be fun watching him try to find things for the next few months. 

On my evening trip to the barn, however, I decided to stop and "smell the roses" to enjoy the springtime even if I was wearing my winter coat, hat, and gloves.

I've gotten tired of my glass/ceramic bird baths being blown around and breaking so this year I found a really cute metal one.  It can't be too cold outside if the water isn't frozen.


We have a bird nest in the tree next to this bird bath, but no eggs or babies yet.


My irises are coming up nicely.  Can't wait for them to bloom!

 
If you look real close you'll see some leaves on the trees and the grass is turning green!
 
 
What I'm most excited about are the lilac blooms.  Last year we got a late season freeze and lost all the lilac blooms and most of the leaves.  They're looking really good this year.  We only have one more cold day forecast this week and then it's supposed to warm up.  Keeping my fingers crossed!


Best of all, I got to hang out with these three knuckleheads today and nobody ate any rat poison!.


Diesel and his sister, the cat from hell, spent the weekend with us while their parents were up in New York buying a house.  You know what that means don't you?   They're going to be moving away soon.

Now I'm sad. 

I need to go outside and take another whiff of my lilacs.  That'll make me happy, at least for a minute or two.

Happy springtime!

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Dang, you really are a few weeks behind us for Spring. Oh well, things will be blooming and greening up soon enough.

Came over to visit from Yogi's Den! Love your beautiful lilac! Nice to get to visit someone new...especially a sis of someone I already know! Enjoyed this post very much. Hope it stays warmed up for you soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!