Where did our beautiful weather go?
Three days ago Jillian and I enjoyed a beautiful fall day at Fort Carson while we participated in the Veteran's Day 5K color run.
Notice the beautiful autumn colors and the short-sleeves.
Today is the actual Veteran's Day and it looks quite a bit different from Saturday.
We had the most dramatic weather change late yesterday afternoon. It was almost 70 degrees at lunchtime and then the wind started. Not long afterwards the snow started flying and when I left work at 4:30 it was 17 degrees. Yes, 17 degrees. Today's high is forecast at 22. How can fall leave us so quickly?
Ugh!
Since I'm the only one in the family who has the day off today I had planned to drive over to the Garden of the Gods and take the 3 mile walk around the park. Guess that's not going to happen.
Instead I might make the drive into town and start moving into my new office. Yes, new office. There's been a change at work that has convinced me to stay. More information later.
On the other hand, I might just stay at home in my jammies wrapped up in a blanket all day. I haven't decided yet. The only thing I know for sure is that I'm going to make a big pot of pinto beans and ham for dinner. This is definitely a day for cold weather comfort food.
Happy Veteran's Day everyone
We had fun throwing color on each other.
We ran through several stations where these young soldiers threw red and blue color at us. Jillian says they probably didn't volunteer for this job, they were probably told they had to be there. Sorry guys.
Today is the actual Veteran's Day and it looks quite a bit different from Saturday.
Ugh!
Since I'm the only one in the family who has the day off today I had planned to drive over to the Garden of the Gods and take the 3 mile walk around the park. Guess that's not going to happen.
Instead I might make the drive into town and start moving into my new office. Yes, new office. There's been a change at work that has convinced me to stay. More information later.
On the other hand, I might just stay at home in my jammies wrapped up in a blanket all day. I haven't decided yet. The only thing I know for sure is that I'm going to make a big pot of pinto beans and ham for dinner. This is definitely a day for cold weather comfort food.
Happy Veteran's Day everyone
Comments