Other duties as assigned

You know you're married to a really good man when he goes above and beyond the call of duty.

We recently got a new dishwasher just because I wanted stainless steel appliances.  I suggested to Irv that we give our old dishwasher,  which was in perfect working order, to our daughter.  So yesterday he loaded it up and took it to her house to install.

Easy enough, wouldn't you think?

He got it all hooked up and turned it on just in time to hear a fizzle and a pop, and smoke!  Yikes!  So much for that dishwasher.

Now he was faced with a dilemma...two worthless dishwashers and a great big empty spot in her kitchen where the dishwasher should be.

Lowes to the rescue...a brand new dishwasher!  Luckily, Mary has been hoarding Lowe's gift cards in preparation for this day that has come sooner than expected.

A few more frustrations, a ##@$%&! word here and there, and finally it was done.  We ate pizza and watched for leaks as the first load of dishes went through it's cycles.

Success!










I love my husband so much for all he does for his girls with a kind and loving heart (most of the time).  He's THE man!

Just for future reference...a dishwasher should never be laid on it's side.  That's more than likely what caused the fizz and pop according to the Lowe's people.

(Now I'm going to be in trouble for posting pictures of Mary's messy kitchen.  Sorry!)



Comments

polcat24 said…
It was an extremely frustrating day. What should of taken a couple of hours took six hours and destroyed my confidence when the first one I put in poped and fizzeled. Oh well got it in and Mary is happy.
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
wtg Irv, when you going to come and install one for us also?

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!