A break from the snow
Do you know what's worse than a week of sub-freezing temperatures and snow?
A dirty car.
Seriously...I cannot tolerate a dirty car which is a bad OCD trait to have when you live out in the boondocks which requires driving on several miles of dirt road every day. The snow and ice from this last week further compounded the problem.
Since we will have a few days until the next snow storm, my Pathfinder and I (and the rest of Colorado Springs) made our way to the nearest drive through car wash.
So what do you do while you're riding through the car wash? I've been know to clean out my purse, or balance my checkbook, or lots of other things, but today I took a picture. I think the above would make a really cool abstract painting.
Back to work with a nice clean car (for a few hours anyway).
Going back into the office I made my way along the frozen walkway into the back door. Our new building has heated sidewalks, but it only melts two little paths on each side, the center is icy and because of the heating elements we can't put ice melt on it. It can be trying at times to make it to the door without falling on your butt.
Now to the next mess in my life--my new office. Yes, I'm going to try to stay at work with the changes that my boss and CEO made. I don't know if it will work, but I'm willing to try. The first priority was moving me to another floor. I have new furniture arriving on Thursday so the only thing I unpacked was my computer. Until Thursday everything is going to be stored in boxes in the corner. I don't like disorganization, clutter, or a mess so this is going to test my OCD for a few days.
I will tell you that the last two weeks have been the most stressful of my life and unfortunately, the near future probably won't be much better. I have to have really broad shoulders these days. Change is always uncomfortable. I just hope I made the right decision.
What triggers your OCD?
A dirty car.
Seriously...I cannot tolerate a dirty car which is a bad OCD trait to have when you live out in the boondocks which requires driving on several miles of dirt road every day. The snow and ice from this last week further compounded the problem.
Since we will have a few days until the next snow storm, my Pathfinder and I (and the rest of Colorado Springs) made our way to the nearest drive through car wash.
So what do you do while you're riding through the car wash? I've been know to clean out my purse, or balance my checkbook, or lots of other things, but today I took a picture. I think the above would make a really cool abstract painting.
Back to work with a nice clean car (for a few hours anyway).
Going back into the office I made my way along the frozen walkway into the back door. Our new building has heated sidewalks, but it only melts two little paths on each side, the center is icy and because of the heating elements we can't put ice melt on it. It can be trying at times to make it to the door without falling on your butt.
Now to the next mess in my life--my new office. Yes, I'm going to try to stay at work with the changes that my boss and CEO made. I don't know if it will work, but I'm willing to try. The first priority was moving me to another floor. I have new furniture arriving on Thursday so the only thing I unpacked was my computer. Until Thursday everything is going to be stored in boxes in the corner. I don't like disorganization, clutter, or a mess so this is going to test my OCD for a few days.
I will tell you that the last two weeks have been the most stressful of my life and unfortunately, the near future probably won't be much better. I have to have really broad shoulders these days. Change is always uncomfortable. I just hope I made the right decision.
What triggers your OCD?

Comments
Must be nice to be wanted and I hope that it works out. I've seen a lot of people quit over the years. It is more of a process than an event and deciding to stay because of a counter or other thing can really be stressful.
I wish you peace Sister as you go through this.