Disney World - Where are we going?

The Grandson Mystery Trip has come and gone.  We told Mr. Beans that we were going to Afghanistan for spring break to visit his Uncle Brian.  He's such a great kid, he was actually looking forward to the trip even though we were going to have to travel all day and night to get there.

We started in Colorado Springs with de-icing of the airplane even though it was a bright, crisp morning.  That always makes me a little nervous, but better safe than sorry.

 
 
We had a beautiful day for flying.  All of our flights, both coming and going were on schedule.

 
 
When we arrived in Orlando, Mr. Beans had an idea that we might be doing something "Disney".  I have to tell you nobody knows how to make a vacation run more smoothly than Disney.  If you stay at one of their resorts they pick you up at the airport and even retrieve your baggage and deliver it right to your room.  All we had to do was find their travel center in the airport.


 
 
Not wanting to miss a second of vacation time we checked into our room and then got on a bus for Downtown Disney.  Mr. Beans wasn't up for shopping until he saw the Lego store.  We had to spend a little time there looking at all the Lego sets and building a race car.
 
 
 
Now I don't want to see any comments about my hair.  My hair and humidity just don't get along.  One of two things will happen--it will become uncontrollably curly or flat, flat, flat.  On this trip it chose to be limp and lifeless.  One more reason I will always have to live in dry Colorado.



 
 
At 9:00 it was time to go check in for our dinner at the Portobello Italian Restaurant.  We had to wait quite a while to be seated, but Mr. Beans was a trooper.  Our dinner was definitely worth the wait.  Luckily, they had pizza on the menu so Mr. Beans was happy.  He ate the whole thing!
 

Irv has some kind of Alfredo dish which was good, but not great.


I had the Mahi Mahi with zucchini strings which was great! One of the great things about vacation is the food and as a blogger it is my duty to capture images of some of our meals.

 
Unfortunately we didn't make it back to the hotel before the pool closed at 11:00 p.m. Mr. Beans was disappointed, but we were all exhausted.
 
Our plan before we left on our trip was to get up extra early each day so we could take advantage of the Extra Magic Hours that Disney guests get at each park.  It didn't quite happen, instead we rolled out of bed at about 9:30 which was a real treat!  We are so grateful to Jillian who stayed out at our place and took care of the critters.  We don't get many chances to sleep in late so this was an extra special treat for us. 
 
Our first park was Epcot, but I'll save that post for another day.
 
All I can say is--I love Disney World!  We had a fantastic trip, I think Mr. Beans is now a Disney fan too! 
 

 


Comments

polcat24 said…
I will second that we had a GREAT time. And Shiloh was an absolutely great kid during the whole trip.
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
I can't believe that you told Mr. Beans that you were going to Afghanistan. Actually I wished that I had thought of telling SPB that sometime.

Interesting about Disney making the trip easier for their guests. Hmm.

Looking forward to more!
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
PS, Google continually tells me that your web page is in Romanian. Are you actually spies?

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!