Home sweet home (I think)
We got home from our cruise yesterday. Thank goodness today was a holiday. I needed a vacation to recover from my vacation.
We had a fantastic time. I wanted to stay on the ship for another week, but I couldn't quite figure out where to stowaway, plus those people who work on the ship are hard workers. I don't think they ever get a day off.
The best news is we all had a wonderful time and better yet, we're all still speaking to one another. I'm sure there will be many stories to come.
No breakfast buffet.
No lunch buffet.
No bingo.
No glaciers.
No trivia challenge.
Nobody to make my bed every morning.
No "drink of the day".
No ports of call.
No five course dinners and a new bottle of wine every night.
Nobody to turn my bed down at night.
No bald eagles, humpback whales, or sea lions.
No happy hour.
No piano bar.
No rolling ship to lull me to sleep every night.
Back to the daily grind...and tomorrow I have to be to work by 7:00 because our flex schedule starts after Memorial Day.
Why is it that you wait so long for vacation and then it's over in an instant?
Comments