Wynonna! with Tyler Childers

While I was still in Yellowstone Mary started begging me to go see Tyler Childers in concert at Fiddler's Green in Denver at the end of September.  Tyler who?  The tickets were expensive and I'd never heard of this guy.

Then she said the magic words - "Wynonna is going to be there too".

That was it.  Sign me up.  I'll never pass on an opportunity to see my all time favorite country singer.  Without Wynonna and her mom I would never have become a country music fan.  I am a Juddhead through and through.


We arrived early, probably too early.  Mary got us great seats!


We decided to get a hotel room within walking distance so we could both enjoy some adult refreshment without worrying about driving home.  I haven't had a Blue Hawaiian in years so thought I'd give it a try.  The vendor said it had a lot of alcohol, but as a really lightweight drinker I can tell you it was only Kool-Aid.


It was Kentucky night at the Green.  The night started with the Travelin McCourys.  Never heard of them, but I gave them respect and listened to their bluegrass twang.


It was starting to get dark once they finished.  Wynonna was up next.  Mary had to take a potty break and thought she had time.  I had to text her and tell her to hurry because Wy was taking the stage.  She came running.


It breaks my heart that Wynonna, who is country music royalty, is opening for other acts.  The crowd was young and from the way they disrespected her I could tell that they had no idea who she was.  Everyone around kept on with their conversations.  I'm so glad I raised a Wynonna fan because Mary and I were up on our feet singing along with her.  Hardly anyone clapped for her at the end of her performance.  Heartbreaking.


While waiting for Tyler to come out we went out and refreshed our drinks.  This time I got a double Vodka lemonade.  Again, no effect so I'm pretty sure it was just lemonade.


Then much to my surprise Tyler brought Wynonna out on stage to sing one of his biggest hits with him-- Way of the Triune God.  It made me happy to see Tyler show her that respect.  (I'm probably going to get a copyright violation for posting this to Youtube.)

It was a really fun night.  Since then I'm listening to Tyler and learning some of his music.  Way of the Triune God is my favorite!  Check him out if you have a chance.

It was a really fun mother-daughter night.  We had a lot of laughs together and danced together.  Can't wait until Tyler comes back next year!

Thank you, Mary for exposing me to something new!











Comments

polcat24 said…
She has become a Tyler fanatic. Everyday "Alexa play Tyler Childers" i can only take so much bluegrass!!!!!
Marian said…
It was an amazing show! Thanks for coming!

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!