My week in review
What's been happening this week?
I got a new iPhone 15 this week. I'd had my iPhone XR since before I retired from my "real" job so it was time for an upgrade. I haven't played around with it much, but one thing I like about the camera is that it has a setting to enhance dog and cat pictures. Little Miss Aspen is about to have her first birthday in November.
I'm starting to venture out and get a little more confident with my artwork. Entering contests or exhibitions require professional photos. I found a guy about an hour from the house that has done a couple shots for me. It's relatively inexpensive...$30 for the scan and $20 for color correction.
Last week I decided to join the Pikes Peak Arts Council. They were offering a workshop on photographing your own artwork so I signed up and went. I was hoping they would provide some quick and easy tips on how I could take my own photos, but as I expected it takes quite a setup to get professional looking shots.
This was the facilitator's workshop. The art lays down on the table with the camera suspended above it. It's connected to a computer that displays on it on the screen and she can make adjustments from there. There's also lights affixed to the wall that can be moved around as needed.
I think I'll forego getting a setup like this that costs thousands of dollars and just keep going to my guy. The problem is that he travels a lot and isn't always available.
Irv and I went to a movie for the first time in ages. No, we didn't go see Taylor Swift, but Jillian asked us if we'd bring one of the popcorn tubs to her in Germany. I think my daughters are all Swifties. Jillian even has tickets to see her in Munich next summer. We went to see Equalizer 3. It was okay.
Our ballots came in the mail and we've already completed them and dropped them in one of the many convenient drop boxes throughout the city. Every state should follow Colorado. It's easy, quick and secure. Best of all, we have one of the highest voter turnout percentages in the U.S.
This summer one of Irv's nephews and his family left Albuquerque and moved to Denver. It was a big step for them and I'm so proud of them for trying something new. It's hard getting used to the idea that we have extended family in the area.
Yesterday they came down along with Irv's brother and sister-in-law and we hung out. We took the little guy to a nearby pumpkin patch. Irv is not only a great dad, he's also a great uncle!
The little guy wasn't so sure about the goats.
He loved the slides though!
This hay slide was his favorite. He'd go down then run around and climb up the hay to go down again over and over.
It was a beautiful day on the farm!
Another slide and...
..a really cool tractor.
A maze made out of pallets. Luckily we all made it out.
The largest sandbox I've ever seen.
The little guy got to pick out a couple pumpkins to decorate for Halloween.
We've all decided to get together for Thanksgiving this year. It's so strange having extended family willing to come to our house for a holiday.
My brother, Bob, has been quite ill and in the hospital all week. I'd just ask for prayers for him to get well quickly. He's getting better, but we just found out he will be having another surgery early this week. There's nothing worse than spending time in a hospital so my heart really feels for him.
Have a good week!
















Comments
Glad you got extended family close by. Having little kids around really spices things up. Irv is a great uncle!!
I love the maze with the pallets. Most mazes I've been in people cheat so bad that the whole thing is trampled.
My photography teacher does photography for magazines and advertising agencies. She has a similar setup as what you showed. One has to have an amazing sense of color to get the color correction. She knew all the pantone colors by number.