Irv, the Early Years
My hubbie is the subject of the blog today. I'm still scanning photos and thought I'd share a few of him.
We only have a handful of photos from Irv's early years. Maybe photos weren't too common back then or maybe when you're the third of six kids the camera doesn't come out too often. His mom always told me this was his first passport photo. He was born overseas when his dad was stationed there.
Irv with his older brother and mom.
Cutie patootie!
His mom used to tell everyone about a medical condition Irv had at birth, but I won't embarrass him by repeating it here.
Is this really Irv? All babies looked alike in the old black and white photos.
The three older brothers.
I think that's Irv in the center back.
With his two older brothers visiting Santa. Love the white shirts and bow ties!
Irv's graduation from kindergarten.
His mom with the six kids...wait there's only five of them. Who's missing and why didn't they get to be in the family shot? I can't tell who is who. Is Scott the missing sibling?
The back of this photo says Irv is the one holding the turtle.
Here's a baseball team picture, year unknown. I think Irv is right in the middle of the back row...4th from left. Irv says they played all the sports when growing up. That's why he's so good at everything now. In reality, I think it was his mom's way of getting them all out of the house for awhile.
Here's all six of them. All cutie patooties.
Here's a recreation of that shot many years later. They've sure grown a lot of hair since the original photo was taken.
There are some school photos of him. Look at him all dressed up in a turtleneck and blazer.
Now I'm beginning to recognize that adorable face and blue eyes.
Looks like a 60s Star Trek sweater if you ask me.
Now he's an age where his parents can no longer control his hair. I cringe when I look at it now, but that was the 70s style.
This was his high school graduation photo. Leisure suit and platform shoes from 1976. Lord help us and never let that trend return.
Class of '76...a proud Del Norte Knight in turquoise.
That's it. That is all the photos Irv has of his youth. This is why it's important to me to get all the pictures scanned so I can give the girls the physical photos of themselves and our family. I should have done it years ago.
Here are the Polyard siblings in 1986. At least the hair is a little more under control now.
Here's a more recent photo. They've all grown older, more mature, a little thicker and now the hair is starting to go. (All in good fun, folks.)
Let's see if Irv comments and sets me straight on some of these photos.
















Comments
Still great photos. Good job scanning.