Getting our workout on
A month or so ago Irv and I decided to join the Y. I'd been a member of PF for many years, but I was wanting more. I really learned to enjoy the group fitness classes like Zumba while we were in Arizona and wanted to join a gym that offered a variety of options. This is Irv's first gym membership ever.
The Y recently renovated a building that used to be a party zone for kids. Indoor rides, arcade, etc. Shiloh had a couple birthday parties there long ago. The Y did a great job, it is so fresh and modern--a big change from my previous gym. It has a beautiful lounge area with comfortable chairs and sofas and a nice fireplace in the middle. People always seem to be in there with their laptops just hanging out.
In the middle of the area there's a court that is used for pickleball in the mornings and then basketball in the afternoons. I'd love to learn pickleball in a slow paced environment, but I'm not sure if I'll ever be brave enough to go join the queue for a turn on this court.
One other thing I really love about this gym is that they didn't make big locker rooms for men and women. Instead they have these small shower/restroom combinations scattered throughout the building. This was a huge selling point for me. Since junior high I've never been a fan of the big locker rooms that provide no privacy.
(I tried real hard to not take any pics that would violate anyone's privacy.)
There's the love of my life!
Lockers are located throughout the building also which I think is more secure. At PF they always seemed to have lockers torn apart because they were secluded in the locker rooms rather than out in the open like these.
I've been 100% satisfied with our membership so far. This particular Y doesn't have a pool, but with our membership we can go to any other Y in the Pikes Peak region.
I'm so impressed with the YMCA!




Comments