Skywatch Friday: The Teton Range

 It's always bittersweet when I leave Yellowstone at the end of the season.  Although I really don't like greeting 1,000+ visitors everyday at the gate, I really enjoy the team of rangers I work with.  We're a close knit group so leaving them is like leaving family.

Anyway, we headed south through Yellowstone and then through the Grand Teton National Park.


There's always a stop at my favorite turnout in the Tetons--Oxbow Bend.  Today it was especially nice because the trees were in full color and there wasn't any smoke in the air to impede our view.  In my opinion, the Tetons are some of the most beautiful and majestic mountains in the world.  My heart and soul belongs in this part of the country.


The Snake River runs through this area.  It's also very beautiful.  What would have made it even more perfect would have been a moose in the water or grizzly #399 and her four cubs walking by.  It wasn't to happen on this morning though.


It's highly unlikely that I'll return to Yellowstone as a ranger, but I'll be back to visit for as long as I'm physically able to do so.  


It's rare when you find an entire group of people who have so much in common.  Top of the list is our love of the National Parks and Yellowstone especially.  We all work to preserve the environment, believe in climate change, science, and conservation.  We all had our fill of OWM this summer (inside joke) and for some reason many of us keep coming back year after year.  These are the guardians of the west entrance of Yellowstone.  Be kind if you ever come through that entrance.

Have you visited the greater Yellowstone area?  If not, why?





Comments

polcat24 said…
Yes, It was a beautiful drive home. This time of year is always so beautiful in the mountains.
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Yellowstone and the Tetons are special. They are just getting loved to death. Thanks for your service this past summer.
Jim said…
Beautiful scenery.
I've made that drive (and visited Yellowstone) only once in my life. I desperately need to return! I want to take my granddaughter there.
love that first photo - it's hard to beat the Tetons
Nanda kumar said…
Beautiful! Yes national parks are always enamoured by nature lovers. We have tropical forests which look majestic during monsoon. Its kind of emotional feeling when you leave those exotic place. And we leave for good which is for betterment of living species in tropical forests
Greetings and Salutations! Bitter sweet time for you to leave and go elsewhere. Changes. There are so many seasons we experience in our lifetime. Yellowstone and Tetons are on my "bucket list." Enjoy seeing your wonderful photographs that you posted this week. Be safe.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!