Chore Time

It's back to the old grind now that I'm home from Yellowstone.  You know...housecleaning, cooking, yardwork, etc.


One chore that needed to be done was the weeding of my raised beds in the veggie patch.  I in no way expected Irv to maintain the garden especially since I didn't plant anything before I left.


I knew I didn't want to look at that mess all winter so I got the work gloves on and pulled a few cubic yards of weeds (with Irv's help).  Next year I plan to get back into gardening to produce my own veggies.


Look what we found!  Even though nothing was planted this spring there were still a few onions to harvest.  Woohoo!


Here's the after picture.  My asparagus plants on the left more than likely produced some asparagus this summer, but Irv didn't know what to look for.  Hopefully some rabbits or deer got to enjoy some spears.  It's taken three years for the asparagus plants to get that big.


In the midst of weeding Irv taught me how to winterize the trailer.  I think he wanted to make sure that I didn't suggest a quick camping trip to the mountains before winter arrived.  Yes, I thrive in the forest and would spend all my time there if possible.


After all this work Hayden and I decided it was time for an afternoon snooze.  The joys of being retired.  I think this little boy really missed his mama.  It's impossible to get too many kitten snuggles.

What's next on the to-do list?


Comments

polcat24 said…
She didn't show my raised garden. I have one on the end that is nothing but strawberries. I would go out weed and prune and just pull the ripe berries off and eat them right there. Delicious!!
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
That's the way it goes though. Years ago when the cheap dr gillespie in Springerville said that Bob and I would share a $1.25 per hour instead of each getting it. From then on when picking his raspberries, it was like one for me, and one for you. I ate a lot of that cheap old bastard's raspberry's that year.

He'd say "Is that all there is?" I'd say, yep.

Dad so no more after we told him what the cheap old bastard did, so we come out ahead.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!