For I was hungry...
My church has become very divided. The maskers versus the anti-maskers. With the spike in Covid in our community, the Board decided the best thing to do was to move the services online.
I concur. I haven't been to our church for months, but I believe that I can worship my God in any location including from my couch. He's always with me wherever I might be.
For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat;I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink;I was a stranger, and you invited Me in;I was naked, and you clothed Me;I was sick, and you visited Me;I was in prison, and you came to Me.'
(Matthew 25:35-36)
The King will answer and say to them, "Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me".(Matthew 25: 40)
During this Thanksgiving week let's do what we can to care of those who are less fortunate than ourselves. There are many people out there who have lost their jobs due to Covid, and there are many who are locked away in nursing homes or other facilities who are lonely and isolated.
I ask for your prayers for my brother, Bob, who has been in one of these facilities for a year now. He future is beginning to look up, but he's still lonely, bored, and isolated from his family.
Many in our community are unable to feed their families or pay their rent, do what you can to help them. I contribute regularly to our locate food bank. (Care and Share of Southern Colorado)
If you're traveling for Thanksgiving, please be safe and please...wear your mask and social distance!

Comments