Grizzlies and Wolves!

Irv and I played tourist in West Yellowstone last week.  I live right behind the grizzly and wolf center so we went over to check it out.


They have three wolf packs including four puppies!


There's no words to describe this kind of cuteness.


Dad looked a little tired and worn out.


The center has several grizzlies.  They aren't all out at the same time so your ticket lets you come back for two days so you can have the opportunity to see them all.


I don't know why these critters have to be so ferocious.  


Wouldn't you just like to pet them and give them a big hug?


I will tell you that a grizzly in captivity looks way better than a grizzly in the wild who has to fend for himself.


I can't leave out Yellowstone's ravens.  They follow the bears around hoping to pick up some of the food they drop.


They also had a pen with some ground squirrels.  I wanted to bring one home for Sophie to play with.


It's hard to believe these guys would like to eat you also.  I enjoy listening to their howling every night.


All the bears at the center were brought here because people weren't careful with food/garbage storage and the bears became unsafe to leave in the wild.  I heard in the local news this week that the center just took in a new grizzly who was hanging out at a campground near Hegben Lake.  Instead of euthanizing him, the center agreed to take him in.  One less bear who had to loose his life due to carelessness of humans.  And that's why you don't feed critters in the wild...not even a squirrel.

This place is definitely worth a visit if you're ever in West Yellowstone.  When people come through my gate and ask where they can be guaranteed to see a grizzly, I always point them to the center.

They don't really think that's funny.

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
That's pretty cool!!

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!