Day Trip to Westcliffe
During our recent camping trip to the Colorado high country we ventured over to Westcliffe, Colorado. We mainly went there to fill up on gas. When pulling that trailer we average about 11 mpg so frequent gas station visits are a must.
We drove around the area a little bit and came across the Beckwith Ranch. We were kinda looking for the Warren Jeff's compound in Westcliffe. We didn't look real hard though because they deserve their privacy, I was just interested to see the compound.
This is a historic cattle ranch set against the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. I can't imagine a more beautiful setting.
The place wasn't open, but the gate was open so we went in a took a look around. Irv found a geocache.
This little guy came out to beg for food which we didn't do. Feeding wildlife makes them dependent on humans so they won't be able to survive on their own. (I am a ranger through and through.)
We looked in all the windows and doors. I loved the front door, you can tell it's an original. There were cameras mounted everywhere so I'm sure someone keeping an eye on us.
Since the weather wasn't great when we got back to the trailer we put together my new puzzle.
Played a couple games.
Even when it's just the two of us we are ultra competitive. I kicked Irv's butt in the Camp game, but then he kicked my butt at Farkle.
On the way home Irv decided it was time for me to learn to pull the trailer. It wasn't too difficult pulling the beast. You just have to take the corners really wide so you don't wipe out stop signs, fence posts, or other vehicles.
Of course it's always fun scaring Irv a little bit.









Comments