Skywatch Friday: Pelicans Overhead!

This week I ventured to Harriman State Park in Idaho.  It's a fly fisherman's paradise although I just go there to hike.  


The serene Snake River flows through the park.  Those are the Tetons in the background.


There was a family of pelicans enjoying the sunshine.


And then they decided they had places to go.


These huge birds took to flight and luckily I captured it.





There they go!



Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Pelicans are funny looking critters but they are graceful when they fly.

The last several years we have a lot of Pelicans that hang out on the Arkansas River here in Tulsa.
I like pelicans. We get them in the pond at our local park, and they are fun to watch.
Jim said…
Great reflections.
Lieselotte said…
In der freien Natur sind mir Pelikane leider nicht bekannt - tolle Fotos!
Great capture. I love watching the Penguins---funny fellows.
MB

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!