Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, my birthday week is over.  I'm now 59 years old.

What?

How?

I'm not in denial, I'm glad to be 59.  It sure beats the alternative.

My birthday week started with lunch at Old Chicago last weekend.


You know how restaurants have all those reward clubs?  Old Chicago gives you $17 towards a pizza so I wasn't about to pass that by.  We had a chicken, bacon pizza.  Anything with bacon is bound to be fantastic, right?


My birthday "party" got pushed to Friday because of the blizzard of 2019.  No better way to start than with a margarita.


I don't eat big chunks of red meat very often, but at my birthday dinner I went for the New York Strip.  It was delicious!


Then it was over to Mary's for presents and cake.  My kids, grandkids, and hubby are all so generous with too many gifts.  Don't they realize I'm selling everything in the house to downsize?  Actually, they got me presents I need for painting, my she-shed, and kitchen stuff that I definitely need.


I had also asked for a red velvet cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes.  It was fabulous.

The celebration was wonderful!

Other things I did during my birthday month included joining a gym.  I like to think the great outdoors is my gym, but this winter is never ending so I finally decided to invest $10 a month in a gym membership.  Our Planet Fitness is really nice...I should have done this months earlier.


I also dug out my "vintage" iPod.  This thing is loaded with the best music--Keith Urban, Tanya Tucker, Dixie Chicks, Reba, etc.  Those youngsters probably think I'm way behind the times, but who cares?  My iPod keeps me going on that treadmill for my required minimum of two miles.  I'm keeping it.

So, I'm 59 and I think I'm doing pretty good.  I'm still not wearing the polyester pants with the elastic waist (never will).  I'm still not wearing shirts with the big floral patterns.  I don't talk endlessly about my ailments (although I just started physical therapy for sciatica--Oops!).  I'm still not talking about my bodily functions.  If I ever do, please shoot me on the spot.

When I left Yellowstone last Fall I was in the best physical condition of my life. My last hike to Mystic Falls was so incredibly easy.  I got it done so quickly that I impressed myself.  I've lost a little of that over the winter, but I'm working on getting it back.  I still try to keep myself in decent shape and I don't mean an apple shape. :)

Life is good.  An incredibly busy summer is planned even without going to Yellowstone.  Several overseas flights and good times are ahead.  I need to see how much I can accomplish in my 59th year.

Happy Birthday to me!


Did you like this blog post?  If so, how about leaving a comment?


Comments

polcat24 said…
Dinner was delicious, hmmm hmmm good
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Wow, your 59th is one to put in the books. Way to go kids and Irv.
Planet Fitness is a great deal. I know a guy that sold everything and is travelling the country in a van. He has a membership to Planet Fitness and that is where he showers when he can.
I'm glad you had a great Birthday sister!

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!