Junior Ranger in the Making (sort of)
I love it when I come across photos on my camera that I didn't take. A couple weeks ago our granddaughter, Miss G, was in Yellowstone and got to spend a few days with her Grammy and Pappy. Since I was working Pappy go to entertain her and he got her signed up for the Junior Ranger Program. Normally you have to be at least four years old to participate, but since Miss G's Grammy is a ranger they bent the rules.
You have to go on a hike on either a trail or a boardwalk. Pappy took her on the boardwalks around Old Faithful.
You have to attend a Ranger Talk. Here she is with her fellow Junior Ranger candidates listening to a talk on something. Since there's a skull involved I assume it was about wolves.
There were also several pages of activities that she had to complete. It was at this point we realized she was too young. We wanted her adventures at Yellowstone to be fun so we decided to forego the badge for this year.
Earning your Junior Ranger badge is something you have work for.
You have to go on a hike on either a trail or a boardwalk. Pappy took her on the boardwalks around Old Faithful.
You have to attend a Ranger Talk. Here she is with her fellow Junior Ranger candidates listening to a talk on something. Since there's a skull involved I assume it was about wolves.
Here she is getting her photo taken with a very nice ranger outside the yurts at Old Faithful.
There were also several pages of activities that she had to complete. It was at this point we realized she was too young. We wanted her adventures at Yellowstone to be fun so we decided to forego the badge for this year.
Miss G's parents were so nice to entrust her to us for a few days. Who knows? Maybe she'll grow up to be a ranger like her Grammy or Great Gramps.
Comments