The plan...
We met with the designer who's working with us on our kitchen refresh. We made a lot of decisions and came up with a plan. This process is really stressful. You have an idea of what you want, but what if it looks ridicules when it's actually done? What if it's too trendy and gets out of date really quick?
Above are the cabinets we're going with. White lowers and uppers. The island will be the gray which I think will look super. We also picked the drawer pulls and cabinet knobs.
I chose to go with classic white subway tile for the back splash which should be timeless. Irv wanted to add an accent so we're going with three thin lines of glass tile.
For the counter tops I made a big spluge and chose a white quartz that is accented in gray. I decided not to go with granite because I've seen too many slabs that had some really funky veins of color in them. Quartz is more durable and the color is consistent since it's man made, it's also more $$$ than granite so I hope I chose well.
I'm getting my farm house sink in stainless steel which I'm also very excited about.
The tools they have now to show the end result are much appreciated (sorry they're crooked). Here's the rendering of the east side of the kitchen.
And here's the west side. On this side we've extended the cabinets all the way to ceiling and increased the size of the pantry. There's also a wine rack so that I can stop storing my wine in cabinets all over the house. The island is going to have large drawers for pots and pans rather than cabinets.
It takes about six weeks for the cabinets to be manufactured so the projected start date is January 2nd. The demo and installation of the new cabinets will only take a week or so, but they can't do a template for the counter tops until the new cabinets are installed. Then it will take about four weeks to get them cut. That's four weeks without counter tops. My OCD is already kicking in, but I'll find a way to live with ply board for counter tops for four weeks.
So does anyone have any comments? Tomorrow morning at 11:00 I go approve the final plans, sign the final contract, and drop off a huge check.
Comments
It will seem endless with the plywood counters but it will go fast.
Great idea for using drawers rather than cabinets for pots and pans. I hate bending down and trying to find stuff.
Good idea to use a designer.
Since I wash many of the dishes Heather let me pick out a 60/40 sink and the new faucett.
You are going to love your new kitchen.