Fall Work Day
The weather was quite nice this last weekend so Irv and I committed to having a work day. Some things need to be readied for winter and it was time to get it done.
To maintain the value of an RV it's a good practice to cover it from the sun to keep it from fading. When you live in a place with over 300 days of sunshine per year you need to either garage it or put a cover on.
Once that was done it was time to do some weeding. The sunflowers around our mailbox were beautiful, but now they're dead and it was time to clean them up.
It looks much better now and since Irv has a geocache hidden back there I'm sure anyone looking for it will also appreciate our effort.
I hate snakes, but I felt bad for this guy who got caught in the netting over the strawberries and probably died a miserable death. It made me sad. (It was a bull snake.)
First on the list was covering the travel trailer.
To maintain the value of an RV it's a good practice to cover it from the sun to keep it from fading. When you live in a place with over 300 days of sunshine per year you need to either garage it or put a cover on.
Putting a cover on is no small feat. It weighs a ton and you have to climb on top to cover it. Last year the wind shredded our cover, but somehow Irv convinced the manufacturer to replace it. When we got the new one we added the extended warranty because the wind will more than likely shred this one too.
Once that was done it was time to do some weeding. The sunflowers around our mailbox were beautiful, but now they're dead and it was time to clean them up.
It looks much better now and since Irv has a geocache hidden back there I'm sure anyone looking for it will also appreciate our effort.
Because I didn't plant a garden this year, the raised beds were grown over with weeds so we worked on them a little too.
I hate snakes, but I felt bad for this guy who got caught in the netting over the strawberries and probably died a miserable death. It made me sad. (It was a bull snake.)
Irv's strawberries did quite well this year. He packed them in mulch to help them survive the winter.
A little mowing around the garden too.
We hauled all the weeds out to our pasture to dispose of. My two boys were out there having a nap on the muck pile. Gross!
Jasper was trying to stick his head through the truck window. He's very sociable.
Irv's favorite pasture friends were very brazen and didn't even try to hide as we drove past.
Some of our other friends were hanging out in the pasture too.
We drove over to visit the two neighbors. They are too darn adorable!
It feels good to get work done around this place. When you live in the country there is always something to do!
Comments