November Recap

Since 9/27 my blog has really suffered.  I didn't realize how awful I felt after that PE until I started feeling better about a week ago.  The last eight weeks were brutal--I was exhausted, anxious, stressed, and a little depressed.  If I had it to do over again I would take more than five days off of work--that was a poor decision.  I should have stayed home for at least a month.  Probably the only person who really knew how bad I was feeling is a co-worker who listens.  In the last week there has been a huge improvement...I'm starting to feel like my old self again.

So, since so much is missing from my blog, let's have a recap of November.


It all started with such optimism and hope.  Then this night happened and you all know the rest. I've accepted it though.  I'm so glad to have daughters who believe in human rights for all Americans.  Yes, we all shed a lot of tears after that night, but I'm not a failure as a parent as some would suggest.  Quite the opposite in fact.  I obviously did something right to raise such smart, caring, and educated daughters.


The above lead to membership in a secret coalition.  Since it's a secret group I can't tell you anymore.


Veterans Day came and Mr. Beans marched with is ROTC squadron.  Can you see him?



Isn't he the most handsome airman ever?


G and her parents came for a visit.  We took her to toddler day at the zoo.  The girls loves to paint (just like her Grammy).


She wasn't so thrilled to have the opportunity to feed the giraffes though.


She let Grammy take her on the merry-go-round and she laughed the whole time.


We took her to paint some ceramics which she loved. I don't know if she liked painting the ceramics or her dad better.


Mr. Beans completed his defensive driving course.


Mary and I did our one and only holiday craft show.


It was a really slow day, but in the end we made a profit so it was successful, plus it was a great day to spend time with my daughter and do some Trump bashing.  (Okay, maybe we're not over it yet.)


Once again, the Grinch was the most popular product.  I even got some post show sales from a lady who picked up one of our cards at the show.  I can now produce 12 Grinches at a time...it's a little time consuming though because each Grinch requires three coats of paint to be as vibrant as he is.


My wine bottles didn't do so good, but I don't think a holiday craft fair is the right market for these.  We're going to do some wine festivals in 2017.


I think our glasses are so beautiful!


These are some of our solar luminaries.  They do better in summer also.


Then Thanksgiving rolled around.  This is my Riesling sangria.  Unbelievably light and delicious!


Mary and I had a dessert bake off.  This is my entry--Oreo Pumpkin Cheesecake.  Yes, it is as delicious as it looks.


This is my almond pear stuffing.  Stuffing is my favorite part of Thanksgiving.  It was so nice of Mary to host the dinner.  It was such an appreciated gift and her first ever roasted turkey was amazing!


These two have become best buds.


This year we downsized to a smaller tree since we're never home for Christmas.  Irv was working this weekend so I got it out and decorated by myself...


 Actually I wasn't completely by myself, Sophie thinks we put a tree up so she can imagine she's a panther in the jungle stalking the dogs.  Who wants to bet how many ornaments get broken in the next month?


I'm still working on this bicycle painting.  It may not look like I've gotten much done on it in the last several weeks.  I'm down to all the itty bitty details now.  I've gotten to the point where I can't stand to look at it any longer--I'm ready to move on.  Maybe by January it will be done.  Anyone want to come put the spokes in for me?  It is by far the most realistic painting I've attempted.  I'm impressionistic so it has been torture.

So that's a brief recap of my November.  That's Ellen on one-quarter speed.   Next week I'll be on my first cross country flight since the PE as I head to Florida for a conference.  My compression socks are ready and my hematologist gave me exercises to do on the plane so hopefully it will be okay. 

One more thing that was done in November--I booked a trip to Europe for our 40th anniversary in April!  More details to follow.

How was your November?

Let's hope the December blogging improves--I don't promise anything, but I'm going to try my best.


Comments

polcat24 said…
The picture of you and Geogie is absolutely beautiful.
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Thanks for the update!!

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!