I'm back...

Maybe, just maybe life is getting back to normal.  Whatever "normal" is.

I've been on the go this summer...Tulsa, Phoenix, Montreal, Park City, Idaho, Wichita, camping, craft shows..plus a full-time job as an IT Manager, 4-H State Conference, and now the awards for the State Fair 4-H Horse Show.  It has been exhausting and I mean really exhausting.  This was my first free weekend in weeks.  The house got a thorough cleaning, the barn got a thorough cleaning, and I almost got to take a Sunday afternoon nap.  I thought as I got older my life would slow down a bit, but the opposite is happening--I'm not complaining though.

I need to learn to say no sometimes.  It's hard.  I'm not really sure I know how to sit around and do nothing and if someone gives me a task to do, I get it done.  I went to the doctor to get some help with the exhaustion last week and after two days I'm already feeling like I'm rebounding.

So, I'm a sentimental person and while cleaning out my dad's house there were lots of things that I wasn't ready to let go of.  My sweet hubbie made not one, but two trips back to Colorado with the truck.

The biggest item was my parent's dining room furniture.  They've had it since before I was born and you better not say that makes it an antique. 


It's a solid piece of oak furniture made so much better than anything you can buy these days.  It looks perfect in my "ranch" horse.


It's in my dining room now, however, I just consider myself the temporary caretaker.  If my brothers ever want it, or if my girls ever want it, I'll be glad to pass it on.  In fact one day I hope one of them will be willing to take it--no pressure though.


Sitting on one end of the buffet is this chicken in a box decoration that I put together today. Some time soon I'll tell you about this box that this chicken is sitting in.  It has a lot of family meaning also and it has been around even longer than the dining room set.

Time to go.  I'm making an effort to at least allow myself the opportunity to get 7-8 hours of sleep per night (sounds crazy doesn't it).  We leave for Idaho again in a couple weeks, but this time Irv and I are going to have some time to go hiking and hang out in Jackson Hole for a few days.

Say a prayer that my dad's house sells soon.  It's the last thing we're waiting on since the transition to his new place.


Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
The dining table looks perfect in your house. I love it but we are not going to need it so maybe one of your daughters or grandkids will want it.
I'm intrigued about the box. I didn't even know that Dad had it, let alone that it was a treasured heirloom.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!