The Age of Aquarius

Today I drove to Denver to meet a friend that I had not seen in a long time.  We were co-workers at YL for many years.  We've both moved on to different things since then, but we've stayed in touch and he recently moved to Denver.

We went to brunch and then to the Denver Performing Arts Center to see Hair, the musical.

I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I have to say that I LOVED it.

It's about a group of friends in the summer of love in 1967.  It's very anti-Viet Nam.

I can't imagine how controversial this must have been when it initially debuted.

The actors were fabulous and interacted with crowd.  It was very high energy and entertaining.

I have just two pieces of advice though:

1) Don't go if you're easily offended
2) Don't take children

There is nudity in this show in addition to some foul language and a little vulgarity.  My jaw nearly dropped at the end of the first act when the actors shed ALL of their clothes.  Hmmm...that was a little odd, but I still loved it and would definitely go see the show again.

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
I remember the playing the songs on Mom and Dad's old stereo.

I've never seen a live performance with nudity. I'm not sure I want to.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!