Horse Show Saturday

Saturday was a horse show day for our family.  Irv and I have been volunteering our services to the Mt. Herman 4-H Club for several years.

Irv does the announcing.  He also helps with the grunt work such as moving poles, logs, barrels, trail course obstacles, and anything else that is needed.













And I do the registration and scorekeeping.












We've become a pretty good team over the years and have learned how to keep a show moving quickly.  We were done by 2:30 p.m. on Saturday which is really early for a horse show.

JP traveled all the way to Grand Junction to judge a show there.  It was her first two-judge show.  She was finished by 6:00 or so and then had a long drive home.

This week Irv and I are going to Ft. Collins for 4-H State Conference.  I'm one of the co-superintendents for the horse bowl contest and Irv is coming along to help.  Jillian will be coming up also because she coaches our county's livestock bowl team.  We're a 4-H family!

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
You guys look all business in those photos. What's up with an Hawaiian shirt at a horse show? Does it have pearl buttons?

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!