Skywatch Friday: Drilling
I'm sharing some simple shots from around my house this week. Nothing too exciting.
Last Friday afternoon I was painting in my studio when I heard a lot of rumbling trucks heading into the property across the street. This 40 acre parcel was sold last year and we knew some folks were planning to build a house at some point this year, apparently the time is getting close.

This parcel of land is very odd. An easement road had to be built through two adjoining properties to reach their 40 acres. Out here in the wild west there are occasionally disputes over easement roads, some have lead to shootings when the property owners block it off. I hope everyone gets along.
Anyway, on Monday morning they started drilling and by this afternoon they packed up and left. Seems pretty quick. Our well is 600 ft. in depth, I wonder how deep they had to go for theirs.
Other views from our yard is my front "English" flower garden. A few years ago I planted milkweed to attract the pollinators. It may have been a mistake to plant something with "weed" in its name because now they're spreading everywhere. At least the bees and butterflies will be happy.
I also planted some out by my She Shed in an area that never gets watered and they've done surprisingly well. Again, they are spreading everywhere. I think they're so pretty.
Years ago in my backyard I planted a few hollyhock seeds that my MIL gave me. Every year they get bigger and bigger and are now taller than the house and run the length of the house. I absolutely love them and so do the pollinators.
So what kind of things are going on around your house this summer? Do you support the pollinators?




Comments
I love your milkweek. At the pollinator events I chair we tell people to put milkweed in containers, or it will take over your garden.
We don't have hollyhocks here. I loved seeing them in our recent trip to New Mexico and Colorado.
Worth a Thousand Words