Skywatch Friday: Yellowstone Memories

Today I go to the archives for my Skywatch Friday post.  For the first time in many years I'm not going back to work in Yellowstone National Park (YELL) as a season ranger.  I thought I'd share some of my favorite spots.


This is the Grand Prismatic Spring.  Beautiful multi-colored hot spring that is the largest in YELL.  As a ranger I've seen tourons walk and even ride their bikes across this area.  (The stories I could tell.)


There's an overlook you can hike up to to get this stunning view.


This is the Lower Falls of the Yellowstone River.


One summer I hiked up to the top of Mt. Washburn.  Stunning views from up there too.


Here I am in my ranger uniform ready to great visitors.


The best sunset in the park (in my opinion) is at Lake Yellowstone.

Am I missing this magical place this season?  You bet I am, especially my co-workers.



Comments

Jocelyn said…
Gorgeous pictures.
magiceye said…
Amazing captures.
What a wonderful sunset. Your post really makes me want to visit Yellowstone again (only been once). Beautiful photos!
Photo Cache said…
Working in Yellowstone must have been an incredible experience. You were lucky.

Worth a Thousand Words
Jim said…
Beautiful scenery.
Joyful said…
Absolutely beautiful.
Thomas Lee said…
Yah! That's a beautiful sunset
Klara said…
wow, gorgeous. Yellowstone is on my bucket list.
Julie said…
Very Nice photos
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Yellowstone is a special place! I bet you are missing it and your coworkers.
Müge Tekil said…
Fabulous sunset! But the Grand Prismatic Spring is breathtaking! ❤️❤️❤️
mvmaithai said…
Thank you for the stunning photos! Back in college years ago, I met a student who worked in Yellowstone for the summer and he gave us a slide show of the pictures he took. It was so beautiful and I remember the gorgeous wildflowers. Have not visited the national parks out west except for Yosemite, but will soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: Cheyenne Mountain State Park