Skywatch Friday: Everglades
We were in Florida in November and got the chance to visit Everglades National Park. (I'm a national park geek!)
It was during the government shutdown which was very strange.
No rangers on duty anywhere. As a former NPS employee I really don't believe in leaving the parks unattended.
One of the park concessionaires was still operating so we were able to get on a fabulous tour of the park.
I've never seen so many great blue herons in one location.
This guy was patrolling his territory.
The view from the Shark Valley Observation Tower.
This is a view of the tower. Pretty amazing they built it out in the middle of nowhere.
This guy was waiting at the start of the walkway to the tower. Of course there were some tourons getting way too close. Believe me when I say I gave it lots of space.
Lots of interesting birds that I was unfamiliar with.
This one appeared to be drying out its feathers.
So beautiful!
Lots of babies hanging out in the grasses. Apparently not many babies last very long. Lots of things like to eat them.
Interesting park! I don't really like all the creepy crawly things.
We also drove past this place on our travels. What a disgusting place to keep people!













Comments