Skywatch Friday: Yellowstone

Yellowstone National Park closed for the season last night at midnight.  Last week I made a last minute trip up there to visit some friends before they headed home for the season.  I was very lucky because the weather was unseasonably warm and there wasn't any snow yet.  Here's just a few shots from my trip.


Jenny Lake in Teton National Park.


Lower Falls of the Yellowstone River


Looking the opposite direction from the falls


A majestic bison


Mammoth Hot Springs


Firehole River


Midway Geyser Basin in the distance on a chilly morning


Bacterial mats surrounding Grand Prismatic Spring.  When it's cold outside Grand Prismatic is just a blur of steam.


Geyser pool at Midway Geyser Basin.



Comments

Stunning natural beauty! I like your use of tree branchs to frame the first couple photos.
Seeing nature from your viewpoint is the BEST. Nice job!
Lisa said…
Wonderful photos. I haven't been there is many years.
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Wow, I never tire of your photos of the Tetons and Yellowstone. Such great treasures.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!