Skywatch Friday? Mountains and Flowers
Last week we decided to stay in Colorado and do a some local camping.
The first stop was Cheyenne Mountain State Park about 20 miles from home. We had a beautiful site with a great view of Cheyenne Mountain (home of Norad).
We enjoyed some beautiful evening walks and were treated to a rainbow one night.
A rain storm in the distance. I love how the top of the clouds are illuminated.
On the third day we relocated to Eleven Mile State Park in the high country. No trees nearby, but plenty of wildflowers. I think this is Castilleja Integra or paintbrush.
Mountain Lupine, maybe? My iPhone says it's Penstemon.
Whatever they all are, I love them!
Sunset the first evening. Spectacular!
Storm clouds brewing over the mountains.
Sunset on our last night!
After three days of dry camping it was time to head home!









Comments
Worth a Thousand Words