Visiting the parents

 I always visit my parents at least once during my time in Yellowstone.


This year I was there a few days after Memorial Day.  I miss these two every single day.


I know that when my days of working in Yellowstone are finished that it will be rare that I can make this visit and bring them flowers.  It makes me sad to know that when I'm gone they won't be getting any more flowers or visits.


Then I made the rounds to visit my other relatives like Aunt Dorothy and Uncle Roy.


My Aunt Helen.


My grandfather who passed away before I was born.


Any my grandmother who I also never knew.


My beloved Uncle Matt who was my favorite.


Some of the best times of my life were spent at my Aunt Lois and Uncle Frank's ranch.


I haven't visited the Sullivan Ranch in decades.  I wish I could see it one more time.


When it was time to leave I texted Irv to let him know I was taking the back road home.  It saves a lot of miles, but is not traveled by many, is gravel for a long stretch and there's no cell service.  I always want someone to know where to start looking for me if I disappear (too many true crime stories).

I like to stop and smell the roses along the way and I especially enjoyed all the wildflowers in bloom.


There was mountain lupine everywhere.


Before long I started coming off the flats and into the mountains.  I always expect to see wildlife along this route, but the only thing I've ever seen was a beaver a few years ago.

It was a nice day visiting my Idaho roots.




Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Thanks for visiting mom and dad and leaving flowers. I don't know if I'll ever be doing that again.

I love that back road to Yellowstone. It has a wildness about it that I like.

I'm headed to Springerville tomorrow!!

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!