Changing things up

 If you're viewing this blog then you are an invited reader.  Why make the change to a private blog you may be asking.  

A very wise person recently reminded me that blogging should be a joyful experience.  It used to be and I hope to get back to that point some day.

I consider this blog to be a journal or diary of my life for the last 12 years.  Such a private journal wouldn't normally be shared with the entire world and lately I've felt a little exposed.  When you go to someone's house and your pictures are part of a slideshow on their computer's screensaver or if someone takes out their phone and pulls up your photos or videos to show to others and they don't even allow you to tell your own story, you realize maybe a little (or lot) more privacy is needed.  Don't get me wrong, if someone wants one of my pictures I'll usually be more than happy to share it with them after they've asked.  Just taking it is intrusive and quite frankly, creepy.  Therefore, I'm doing what I can to protect my property.

It's disturbing.

And yes, I know everything on the internet is public domain.

So, I'm going to give this a try and see how it goes.  Having a private blog means I won't be able to participate in some of the groups I enjoy like Skywatch Friday, but it might be worth it.

We'll see how it goes.


Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
We'll see how it goes!

I can't imagine stealing photos or using them like what you are saying but it happens.

I suscribed for a short time to a service that had the capability to find who was using my photos. It was eye opening. Thousands of my photos were being used all over the world.

Not much you can do about it though.
Marian said…
It definitely was a very wise person. You are so blessed to have that person in your life!

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!