On Display at Last
You won't believe it. I actually got some of my own artwork framed and hung on the walls in my house. I decided to finally do something with them other than keeping them in a stack.
This the dining room artwork. With the exception of the impressionist horse, it's a collection of my still life paintings. I thought it would be appropriate to have these in the dining room. My next project is to find a sign that says something like "Gather" to hang above them. You may wonder why I threw the horse in. Well, I needed a larger piece to balance out the right side of the display. It also ties in with the background of the white vase and therefore draws the viewer's eye across the whole display.
The living room has been designated as the National Park collection. I can't just say Yellowstone because I'm got paintings from Glacier and Teton National Parks as well. I love these rustic frames, I think they're perfect for the National Parks.
I also have my Yellowstone coyote on the same wall. This is one of my early works. It's quite large. It may soon get replaced with a new version. Over the past seven years I have become a better artist and this coyote no longer makes me happy because I've become a more realistic artist. His face is fantastic, but I'm not content with the brightness of the flowers and foliage.
On the opposite wall is another early work of the lower falls of the Yellowstone River. This is another one that may get replaced. I can do better with more detail.
Can't wait to see what paintings I get done in Yellowstone this summer! Maybe a bison or an elk? Who knows?




Comments