Skywatch Friday: Mile High City
I'm in Denver for a couple days to work at the 4-H Western National Roundup Conference. This is where the national championship contests are held for everything from horse judging to public speaking. These kids have worked years to get here. It's held in conjunction with the National Western Stock Show which provides the critters for the various contests.
I do the tabulating for the horse judging. I've had this duty for years which I love.
This year I got a hotel room with a view.
Today the weather in Denver was unseasonably warm--about 60 degrees. However, in the last couple hours the skies have turned gray because...
... a large snow storm is on its way. Normally I drive home on Friday night after the contest, but I'll have to wait and see if that's possible tomorrow. The hotel where the conference is held is booked tomorrow night so if I decide to spend another night in Denver I'll have to change hotels.
Oh well, I'll worry about that tomorrow.
Happy Skywatch Friday!
I do the tabulating for the horse judging. I've had this duty for years which I love.
This year I got a hotel room with a view.
Today the weather in Denver was unseasonably warm--about 60 degrees. However, in the last couple hours the skies have turned gray because...
... a large snow storm is on its way. Normally I drive home on Friday night after the contest, but I'll have to wait and see if that's possible tomorrow. The hotel where the conference is held is booked tomorrow night so if I decide to spend another night in Denver I'll have to change hotels.
Oh well, I'll worry about that tomorrow.
Happy Skywatch Friday!


Comments