Tornado Alley

Welcome to Wichita! My greeting as I was in the taxi on the way from the airport to my hotel was a tornado siren. I should have known something was up when the taxi driver all the sudden stepped on the gas made a beeline to my hotel. Thank goodness he decided to get me to my destination before taking cover himself. At the check in desk I asked the clerk where the shelter was. Her reply was that they didn’t have one, but it would probably be safest to stay on the first floor. What? We’re in Kansas and there’s no shelter? OMG, time to panic. Well, I chose to hang out in the lobby with all the AFLAC conference attendees. They didn’t seem to think there was anything to worry about; at least not from what I could see through all the beer bottles and wine glasses. Why do people act so differently when they’re away from home at a conference? (Subject for another blog I think.)


Anyway it got really dark, the hail came, and then a down pour of rain. No tornado though, thank God.

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Glad you made it through the evening safely. Yep, the conference thing is good topic to blog about.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!