It's so green!

I arrived in Wichita on Monday and I couldn't believe how green it was.  The trees are fully leafed out and the grass and crops are green.  In Colorado it's still winter...our trees barely have buds and although the grass is starting to turn green, it's mostly still brown.

Here's a picture of the Farm Credit Bank of Wichita building that I'm working in.  I've been coming here for 17 years.  Back in 1993 it was called the Farm Credit Bank of Wichita and all five floors were occupied by Farm Credit.  Now it's called the U.S. AgBank and only two floors are occupied by Farm Credit.  The rest are leased out.  I spend my days in the basement in a dark room filled with computers.  I don't know if it's day or night, but at least I'll be safe from the tornadoes.


I'm going home tomorrow, but will be back next week.  I've made a lot of good friends while participating on this project team.  That's what I'll miss most, but don't worry, the project is already three months behind schedule so I'll probably be coming back for a while.

I can't wait to see my darling Irv who says my pergola will be finished by the time I get home tomorrow!

Comments

Sweetie said…
What a sweet guy that Irv is (don't tell him I said so). Been hinting to your brother for a patio expansion. Don't think it is a happening thing.
Dana of Oz said…
I had no idea Dad was so handy that he could get a pergola done that quickly!
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Irv can do anything.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!