Hay is for Horses


Irv went to get hay today.  He had to load the trailer by himself, but when he got home the dogs and I were ready to help.


The dogs are always happy when they get to hang out at the barn.







Here's Irv carrying in a bale.  They weigh about 65 lbs. each and it seemed like there was a never ending supply of them (actually there were only 35 bales).









Here's me trying to get a bale up to the 4th row of the stack.  I couldn't do it.













Irv could heave the bales up high.  I don't know how he does it.  Who's going to do this for us when we're old?

Mr. Beans, I hope you're building those muscles.  Grammy and Pappy are going to need your help in a few years.


We should be set for hay for a couple months until this summer's first cutting is ready in July.  July might be a good time for visitors, especially strong male-type visitors.  Let us know when you're coming.


Comments

polcat24 said…
I'm still stiff and sore!!!
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Hey Sis, you compromised your journalistic integrity by helping Irv. Irv is a big strong guy.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!