Rocking Out
There was only one thing my hubby wanted for his birthday this year--to attend the AC/DC concert in Denver. I reluctantly bought the tickets many months ago and although I was dreading it, I was going to be a good sport about attending. At one point I even called and upgraded to much better seats.
First stop of the evening was for margaritas and enchiladas. I'm not really fond of stadium food and preferred to eat before arriving at the stadium.
Everyone was in good spirits when we arrived at Empower Field at Mile High.
We chose to arrive after the opening act, Pretty Reckless, but we caught the tail end of her show which included a lot of screaming.
I'm only sharing a couple short clips from the evening. (I hope I don't get a copyright infringement from You tube.)
Let me tell you, these old guys could put most younger people to shame. For two hours straight with only quick hydration and oxygen breaks, they ran up and down that stage. Brian Johnson, the lead vocalist, is 78 years old! What? He was very buff for an old guy too, his arms were so muscular. I know of an 80 year old in the Oval Office who wouldn't even be able to walk across that stage.
Next we need to talk about Angus Young who looked like he could keel over and die at any moment. I can't say time has been kind to him. He was drenched in sweat from head to toe and just kept going. I can easily say he's the best guitarist I've every had the privilege of seeing. I was in awe!
Watching my hubby have the time of his life made my heart happy. He's attended numerous Wynonna concerts with me and I was glad to finally have him ask to see one of his legends. I even have to admit that I loved it! I would definitely go again.
Speaking of Wynonna, I'm going to see her again at Red Rocks this Sunday. I did not require my hubby to attend this one.
What's your favorite concert of all time?



Comments
Probably Michael Buble is my favorite. We've seen him several times.